L. Robyn Mullinger has been licensed to practice dentistry in the state of Michigan since 1982. She received her bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University in 1975. After graduating from Michigan State, she worked two years doing research in cardiology for Wayne State University. She then worked one year for Chrysler Corporation doing research in catalytic converters. She then attended University of Detroit (now University of Detroit Mercy) School of dentistry.
She first opened up her practice in Grosse Pointe Woods part time and also worked at a dental clinic in Highland Park. After five years, she moved her practice to St. Clair Shores, where she has practiced ever since.
Dr Mullinger has a reputation as being a person always on the go, but never too busy to care for others. This is reflected in the personal care and attention she provides for each of her patients. She is passionate about dentistry stays up to date on the latest dental techniques like implant restorations, soft and hard tissue laser techniques and Invisalign, to provide you with the safest and most effective treatments.
Dr. Mullinger is also passionate about giving back to the community and profession that has given her so much. Volunteering is an important to give back. She was the Girl Scout cookie coordinator and first aid mom for her daughters Girl Scout troop for five years. She taught math pentathlon for son’s fourth and fifth grade class. When her children were in high school band she volunteered in band boosters, including Chairman of the Pops and Pastry Concert, and President.
After her children left for college, she volunteered with her dental society. Her Professional membership include:
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Detroit District Dental Society
- President of DDDS Eastern District 2007 to 2008
- Secretary of Detroit District Dental Society 2008 to 2010
- Vice President of Detroit District Dental Society 2010 to 2011
- President Elect of Detroit District Dental Society 2011 to 2012
- President of Detroit District Dental Society 2012 to 2013
- Past President of Detroit Dental Society 2013 to 2014
- Co-chairman of Detroit Dental Review 2008
- Chairman of Detroit Dental Review 2009
Dr. Mullinger spends the remaining of her free time gardening and golfing in the spring and summer, skiing and reading in the winter.